The monitoring of body weight during a chronic study is required to adjust the daily dosing of any compound administration. Moreover, body weight evolution could give useful information about health status following a surgical intervention or about the evolution of a specific pathology like obesity / metabolic syndrome / diabetes.
Body weight monitoring can be performed at different frequencies according to the client’s needs: from once during an entire study to several times-a-day, and is performed on the same dedicated weighing device for all the animals from the same study.
- Pharmacological treatment dosing adjustment
- Monitoring of health status
- Evaluation of obesity
NB: Pelvipharm will gladly adapt body weight monitoring frequency to meet its client’s needs.
Links to applicable Targeted disorders / Pathophysiological models
- BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- ED (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Ejaculatory disorders (premature or delayed ejaculation / anejaculation)
- FSD (Female Sexual Dysfunction)
- IC (Interstitial Cystitis) / Painful bladder syndrome
- Menopausal symptoms (vaginal atrophy, lubrication, hot flushes / flashes...)
- Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity
- Myocardial Infarction
- NDO (Neurogenic Detrusor Overactivity)
- OAB (Overactive Bladder)
- SCI (Spinal Cord Injury)